Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Candy of the Week: Kervan Gummi Watermelons

Crisp, clean watermelon taste is what this new candy from Kervan USA has to offer.  What sets it apart from other watermelon candy is the realness of its flavoring.  It's more subtle.  More like a spoonful of real summer watermelon sprinkled with sugar.  And it leaves that crisp after taste in your mouth that real watermelon so often does. 

Texturally, these soft gummis are easy to chew even though, just like every other gummi, they are made with gelatin.  I get that gummis have "gum" in their name, but if I want a candy that defies mastication, I'll pop a piece of Bubble Yum in my mouth.  Although usually not a fan of watermelon-flavored anything, I have to say, I could eat handfuls of this stuff.  And *gasp* it could replace Sour Patch Watermelons as my favorite watermelon candy.

Our candy wholesaler has mentioned they'll be getting more from Kervan USA in the future to take the place of the now defunct Candytech line, which produced the ever-popular Sour Cherry Cola Bottles.  I was never a fan of Candytech, mostly because the candy was imported from China and tasted just like it should have--cheap!  Bethlehem-based Kervan USA is imported from Turkey, but from what I've seen so far, I'm enthused by the quality and taste.

We've got these in stock right now, so if you're a fan of watermelon, you should stop by and pick a bag up.  I don't think they'll disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment