Friday, June 3, 2011

Candy of the Week: Bubble King 3/4" Gumballs

Okay, so you know the drill--gumballs of any kind lose their flavor after about five seconds, and the Bubble King 3/4" gumballs by Oakleaf of Canada are no exception.  But when you first chomp into them, they have that oh-so-sugary-it-hurts-your-teeth kind of flavor every great gumball should have.  And my taste buds may have just conjured it up, but I swear the orange one I'm chewing now seemed to have a vague orange flavor that dissolved along with the outside candy coating.

After the flavor went, what I've been left with is a pretty great piece of bubble gum that has plenty of elasticity and bubble-blowing ability.  Just one piece can yield a medium-size bubble with no problem.  And if I knew how to crack my gum, I'm sure I could annoy plenty of people with what I'm chewing right now.  Will the gum stick to your face if your bubble pops unexpectedly?  That's a yes, so I wouldn't recommend this for small children unless you're up for slathering their hair with peanut butter to get the gum out.

As gumballs go, I think this is a pretty good one for the .10 it costs.  If you don't mind flavorless gum, you could probably chew it for a couple of hours without it losing it's bubble-blowing properties.  And at this price, it's cheaper than buying a gumball out of a machine now-a-days.  Because each gumball comes individually-wrapped, you can stash some in your pocket for later, just like when you were a kid.  The only difference will be that you won't have to wipe the lint off before plopping one in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment